Monday, May 30, 2022

Book of Love Chapter/ Twenty One/ Arrival too the Sea of Galilee

      As I was on the Arab Palistinien bus heading towards the Sea of Galilee on one of my four times total that I have been in Israel and stopping along the way too Narareth on my way back and coming close to the Sea of Galilee a relatively short bus ride from Nazareth I was expecting to see some great resort hotel as coming towards a mountain hill bluff excepting to see the Sea and some big hotel along the way too the entrance of the view and instead I saw nothing but the Sea and when arriving in Tiberious there were no fancy tourist hotels to be seen, in my memory but did find a Youth Hostel on the Sea of Galilee and remembering feeding the fish on the Sea that came in swarms like that I have never seen in my life and it started by finding a quite place on a sea wall with calm and gentle and wave free water, where I could see the bottom and started throwing bread in the water and remember the verse in the Scriptures about casting ones bread upon the waters and after many days, it will return too you and when I did small fish started appearing and then bigger fish and then even bigger fish and a sight that I have never witnessed before as a fisher from my youth and they swarmed until I ran out of bread and then crossing the Sea of Galilee on a small ferry boat too the other side and seeing an amazing looking mountain that spoke volumes of mystery and was told something like this side of the Sea is where Jesus cast the demons out of the demonic and where the Sermon on the Mount was spoken, the greatest sermon every told or was that on the other side of the sea as some may say, but this mountain on the other side of the sea looked like the most dramatic place, that the most dramatic sermon was ever told and after a brief stop at the tiny port upon returning I could image how this Sea could be turbulent in a storm and had an erie feeling of what it must have been like in a storm and learning later or have been told or read that the winds can come down on the Sea in Great turbulence due to the fact that the Sea of Galilee is nearly below sea level and part of the Great African Rift that extended too the Dead Sea in the Jordon Valley or which the sea was part of in the North and surrounded by potential funneling mountains and it was obvious to me later that this was part of the ocean at one time, due to the Sea crabs on shore that looked exactly like the sea crabs on the open ocean on the rocks in shore as I was camping on the shore of the Sea after the  crossing and after checking out of the Hostel and finding a ace to camp,for there was not camp ground noticed, when I was there in the early seventies and after finding a solitary looking place on foot, just North of Tiberious and crossing a small farmers field and climbing over a stone border wall cautious of poisonous snake in the stones of which some of the most poisonous of snakes are in Israel with a Palastinian looking Arsb farmer watching in curiosity or concern, for this was put of the tourist or Pilgrims venue and coming too a small clearing on shore I steeled down and unrolled my light weight  but super earm down mummy bag. I began fishing with a drop line and wondering and praying in my heart, that I might catch a fish, with a coin in its mouth, like Peter did when Jesus told him to do, for tax money. Instead I caught a little fise at first and probably was an immature fish the locals call, Saint Peter's fish and but too sma to swallow a coin, so I fished again and caught a small or moderate size Catfish and I thought that this must have been the type of fish that Peter caught, due to its large mouth and able to swallowa coin and being a bottom feeder and Saint Peter's fish may be a misnomer, like many sites and things in the Holy Land are by traditions that are not always based on the facts and but even then, people are blessed I'm thier bliss for even the beautiful picture of the three wise men at Christ's birth never happened for they came some years later and but still a beautiful picture in spite of right being wrong and so many places in the Holy Land are not always a historical fact place and but close enough to be blessed in the heart and mind and visions and from the Sea of Galilee Iateth  traveled by bus again too Narareth and found na catholic Pilgrims Monestary to stay with a sweet and beautiful Nun greeting me at the door and from Nazareth and from there I traveled back to Jerusalem and from there I traveled further south too Hebron and visited Abraham's Tomb and also Joab"s tomb a cave and Abraham's tomb is a cave also but no one can enter in but one can peer down through a hole in the ceiling and I remember an Hasidic Jew in full garb tried to put a prayer note  down the well and chased off by an armed Israeli soilder guarding the Holy Site Moaerod sqe and venerated site by both Jews and Muslims of which building site over the tomb was built by Harod the Builder and one of the most authentic sites in Israel and the Holy Land and Joab's Tom just s modest cave tomb and I had to take it at the guides word or posts that it was authentic and creepy also when one knows the full history of King David's right hand man who died in disgrace and then I found myself stranded in Hebron and for it was the Sabbath and no busses were running so I visited Beer Shiva the place of the seven weeks that Abraham dug and so I checked onto a cheap and but clean Hostel and only way the next day through the amazing country side ride, back up too Jerusalem and checked into one of a number of Pilgrims Monestaries to stay in like the Lutheran Hostel. Casa Nova a Franciscan Monk Monastary where one can eat and drink wine with the Monks in the same large room and one Monk took a great liking to my son Elijah Muchael as a child and playing a sort of tag and making my son laugh and they both laughed together and but my favorite place to stay was the White Sisters Cathollic Monestaries and built over the Pavement that Jesus stood before Pontus Pilafe call the floor of Antonio's  Fortress the garrison that watched over the Holy Temple site and a carved game was on the floor by  by soldiers who mock Jesus before his crucifixion and the card game on the wall depicted someone being mocked as a king and robed and such and is a stark and real testimony of what happened to Christ at the head of the Roman soldiers under Pontius Pilate and the white sisters monastery was built over the ruins of Antonia's Fortress and the pavement where the famous words or inFAMOUS words were spoken by Pontius Pilate behold the man which in Latin is "Ecce Homo", from the roof of this Monastery one can see a good part of the old city of Jerusalem and the Temple area and the most fascinating is deep down below the in the lowest part of the monastary the  Flagstone of someone being mocked before being crucified is the story....to be continued and edited 

No comments:

Post a Comment