Saturday, January 14, 2023

Chapter One /How I came to feel identified with Diogenes the Cynic and other Philosophers by Pastor Peter "Christian" Romanowsky of Sausalito an Anchorout Ascetic on San Francisco Bay /Chapter One

Chapter One/ on  how I came to be Diogenistic in my philosophically and thinking, metaphoristically speaking, in my life's experience and I feel inspired and full of matter, like a wine cask about to burst with new wine and an old wineskin and flood the Earth with wisdom, taken from the old and learned and the wise and the subject of my traffic, is the Cynic Philosopher Diogenies of Sinope. I am using voice to text speech plus typing with one finger on my cell phone, in a poetic way and almost a rambing way of freedom of speech and not just babbling for babbelers ofen just kept repeating themselves and ramblers spew out endless trains of knowledge and speech of which is hood, especially if one is writing a long book. As for me one of my eyes on one side of my head is the primary one and the other one on the otherside the eye follows. For we all have a primary eye, that we mainly look through and the secondary eye that follows,  just like there are some people who are right handed and left eyed is the dominant eye and they are conflicted, when one is right handed and the left eyed dominant can cause a somewhat dyslexic look on life and a sort of confusion space between ones hand and eye coordinace is one reason why I couldn't understand and read a book like others and why couldn't I read a novel all the way through without interruption and without having to think about everything that's being written and trying to analyze everything and so, I like to open a book in the middle or at the end and find out what built up to this or  that ending. This is a form of dyslexia, of which I feel I suffered from sometimes in a almost undiagnosed of foreseeable learning disability of which can end up in low grades in education for instance. It wasn't until I was or became a Born Again Christian, that I could pick up for instance the Bible and begin to read it throughly and understand it like no other book I've ever read or attempted to read. For I grew up in a television generation in the 50s and early 60s before moving to Marin County in 1964 at the beginning of what is called the 60s hippie era, when the Beatles burst on the scene at Shea Stadium and John Lennon burst out and tongues, at the adulation and audience and awesomeness of the pivotal moment in western music history. When the inventors of rock and roll music we're out done by English Rockstars who took American music art forms and repackaged it and copied it and sold it back to us in spades. But that's another story in itself and painting a little background for the philosophy I have about to share. I was late Hands On By the most famous woman evangelist in the known world Kathryn Kuhlman in front of 7000 people on stage at The Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles where she was performing by the power of the Holy Spirit a healing service and she laid hands on my head and prayed that I would receive the gift of wisdom. Some months later at a charismatic home Bible study meeting during the height or the beginnings of the Jesus movement, when people started to go to church on Sunday morning and also in the evening and then mid-week service and bible studies and prayer meetings and Street witnessing outings in between. That was great Revival at that time simultaneously called the Jesus movement and the charismatic movement at the same time and the first was the masses of hippies coming to Christ and the latter of institutional churches and their members coming to Christ and if not already Christians moving into the deeper gifts of the Holy and for not all people that attend the church or attend church are actually born again Christians but only born nominally Christians and the charismatic movement was a Great Awakening in the churches also. The Elder name Armin wolf of the charismatic Bible study I attended weekly was a nuclear engineer at Stanford and he would teach the Bible study while still wearing his radiation badge from work and other ministers came and attended this home Bible study to be fed and ministered to also and we had a hot seat where people could sit and hands be laid on them and prayed over and prophesied and healed and comforted and on one of these occasions I took the hot seat and the leader of the Bible study laid hands on my head and prophesied that I would receive the gift of wisdom, just like the evangelists prayed over me earlier and I felt this electricity going into my head through his hands as he prophesied and it was an answer to the Evangelist prayer. Virtually within 3 years of becoming a born-again Christian by the grace of God and not through any effort or work so my own other than giving up the last besetting sin I could think of and asking God to remove it, by giving me something better and I was born again a few days later after that prayer and with him 3 years I was pastoring a church service in the woodacre Improvement Club Auditorium that my brother and my and our wives rented to have services, as proof that the gift of wisdom was imparted for as my brother joked after hearing about me receiving the gift of wisdom saying that I really needed it. Now back to the subject of our philosophical traffic I want to share my own Diagonies experience so to speak and how I became a Sinope so to speak the place that Diogenes the Cynic hailed from and was driven from, after being accused along with his father, apparently a prominent businessman Banker or money changer and is referred to mostly as a mentor of coins, of which they were both accused of defacing. This is a great riddle in historic philosophy, of how he defaced coins. Was it that they shaved the edges of the coins to make them lighter and collected the shavings as was a common practice in ancient days until going started having riddled edges on them, or was it that they defaced the images on the coins of what may have been Idols or Kings or governors that had their images put on coins and that have declared themselves to be gods, as a form of idol worship and it is said or read of by myself studying the subject that deface coins have been found around the city he came from and started or consummated and him going to the Oracles of Delphi to inquire as even Socrates did if not personally going there was told that he was the wisest man in Athens when someone went to inquire at least on his behalf as to who is the wisest man Athens or the world so to speak and so was  told to deface currency by the Oracle. Both Diogenes and his father were reputed to be in prison and his father dying there for if they were defacing coins with Kings or Emperors faces that would be a very serious charge and those days when men thought themselves as gods and made statues and temples of themselves. Diogenes somehow escaped and but lost his citizenship of this city on the Black Sea and in those days people were citizens city-states and he became stateless and was the first one to call himself a Cosmopolitan of the meaning a man of the world or a citizen of the world.... to be continued by pastor Peter of Sausalito and ascetic anchor out Monk on San Francisco Bay the perfect floating writer's cabin for decades to be continued ...

No comments:

Post a Comment