Sunday, February 18, 2018

Egyptian Journal 1970's

Egyptian Journal in the 1970's ...page seven unedited and rough draft...After being released from Cairos Police Headquarters for being a rich American in a country that the average annual income was $165.00 and a doctor mafe a dollar a day and after being taken into protective custudy so that I wouldn't be robbed for the few hundred dollars I had on me, I checked into an Egyption hotel across the street for $1.00 a night for a clean two bedroom suit or apartment, I then after some sleep began exploring this strange new and primitive world or drab and gayness and open vegetable stands that you couldn't eat anything without cooking the roots they sold and try to buy some canned food, virtually impossible compared to the price they charge and nothing and no food in sight and not even any kind of convenience store or mom and pop shop and I staggered through the narrow and crowded streets and somewhere along the line I stumbled into the Sunrise Hostel after a weary and jet lag day and even tried to climb the Great Pyrimide, somewhere along the way and but that is another story and for now I came to the Sunrise Hostel in the evening and was meet with young laughing Egyptians pointing a a pistol at me and waving it around and laughing and I was raised around guns and pistols and you never, ever, point a gun at someone and so I checked in and shrugged the youths off as idiots, behind the check in counter and paid my one dollar of  so for my room with a shower and bed when I turned off the lights bed bugs came crawing out on me and I turned on the light to see, what the hell was going on and they all disappeared and turned off the lights again and they started crawing on me again and but could not see the little buggers and so I feel asleep with the lights on and they left me alone and in  the morning for the first time I saw Westerners, two young ladies and no doubt back packers and they were sitting on the floor in the hallway and with a look of horror asked me if I had bed bugs in my room and I said none chelauntly, yes and  that all you have to do is leave the lights on and talking about leaving that place I sure did and headed for the Pyrimides....to be continued http://peteromanowsky.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment