Saturday, February 17, 2018

Page six my Journal into Egypt 1970's

Egyption Missionary Journal very late in Coming since 1970's but must write a book about it or it was a possible waste of time....back pages http://peteromanowsky.blogspot.com. and nothing is wasted in God"s time and the story is burning in my heart to share for future generations,  like in the millinium and it will go down in the Spirit of the Wests first true historian Herodotus ....When I finnaly saw the light of day after one of the longest nights in history starting from getting on an Air Egypyt plane at night in Atens and landing the same night in Ciaro Egypt and then being licked up by the police and taken into protective custudy and not realizing that I was carrying at least two years pay in Egyption currancy exchange for back then an Egyption made aroundwn  $165. 00 a year and,I was a walking ATM machine before tgey were even invented and after a nights guest in the police headquaters with tge chief of police they finnally let me out at the break of day dawn to find myself in a truerlt third world country and rhe hotel across the street was only a $1.00 a day and I checked in and tried to get a fitful nights sleep and looking out the window to the large Mosque across the street I saw what seenmed like hundreds of people in long robes and or rags by our standards and they were all sleeping or caxmped out, oustide tge Mosque and is was on of tge few plaxces in Ciaro that was actuaslly lite up and otherwise everything in Cairo was dark and bleak and not lite up and in the daytime even more bleak and depressing  like people living in a country like India or sonething but what the heck and what did I expect except gloomy buildings and abject poverty and people living or sleeping on the streets in thier heavy flannel pajamas and people wearing whasts called jelopys like the cars are spelled and dusty and bleak and sun drenched buildings witjout any color and I though oh boy I'm in it now and so I walked and took a cab to the area of the Pyrimides and gad a blow out with the taxii driver of whom I thought was taking me for a ride and a crowd gatherec and the head of the Free Masons of Egypt came out while I was going out of my mind in tjis Bazzar place of which he had tried to put me on a tour bus that was completely empty except for me so I bailed and sonewhere  I saw a dusty and relatively small Synagogue along the way while walking and  looking feeling like everyone was looking at me and no other Americans or Europeans in sight and had a feeling like I was the only one since the peace treaty with Israel and obstesibly with the West ...to be continued  http://peteromanowsky.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment