Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Forty Years in Waterworld by Peter Romanowsky of Sausalito/Chapter one The Great Escape from land and on land

Title of book 40 years in Waterworld on San Francisco Bay by Peter of Sausalito and My Story begins waking up sunny day in the Redwood shaded estate that I lived in with my wife and three children and there was a knock on my door on a beautiful sunny crisp lovely and beautiful day for sailing down the coast of which I was prepared to do with a friend from Monterey Bay to Ventura California in a 24 ft boat called serif with a single cylinder diesel engine and sales and there was a knock on my door and I open the door and there was a young man with what look like a highway patrol hat that he had bought at a 7-Eleven store I'm handed me a paper and it said that I was being sued and I started to laugh inside like who could be suing me? Other than the fact that I didn't have any sewable assets and then I saw my wife's name on the papers and it was divorce papers with the restraining order to take only my personal effects and leave my home my three children and my wife and 42 hours and just take my car and Nomad trailer and the movie Nightmare on Elm Street was playing that week and I lived on Elm Street and I didn't know at the time but Johnny Depp was in the original Nightmare on Elm Street and little did I know that I would soon be living the life of a Privateer on San Francisco Bay as I reeled from the blow of being given 42 hours to leave everything I have loved and worked for and sacrificed for and living on the nicest house and a block and shaded by redwood tree and garden and all of a sudden on Thanksgiving Day I had to leave my home and drive out into the dark with a man suffering from a bullet wound in the head from a drunk man that thought he was molesting his granddaughter and off into the dark we drove and we drove and I went to see a Christian lawyer with Thanksgiving Eve if I recall and I gave him a couple hundred dollars in cash for his advice and one should never have to do that on first consultation and but I was in shock and he took the money regardless and invited me to a Thanksgiving dinner and I am reeling from the restraining order accompanied the divorce papers that I couldn't call my children and tell him that I love them and that this was all a surprise to me and I went to my front yard and there was a policeman in front of the house saying that the restraining order has been extended to 70 2 hours to leave all that I have loved worked for and sacrificed for and there was an officer and garden next door with his gun drawn on me like I was Freddy Krueger from the movie Nightmare on Elm Street and so me and my wounded Native American friend who had been shot in the head by a paranoid alcoholic man in a moment of Madness with my only companion and I tried to take the family cat with me and but jumped out of the trailer and that was it said goodbye to my neighbor who was the art director of college here in Marin County as a teacher and with a very German sounding name of which I can't remember but anybody that studied art in college women would probably have known him and he is still alive after all these decades and looks like he had never changed and yet my life had dramatically changed to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment