Friday, February 23, 2024

Forty Years in Water World/Chapter Five/on San Francisco Bay the last vestige of freedom on the seas and on the by by Privateer and Pirate Chaplin Peter pf Sausalito

Chapter 5/ 40 Years of Living in Waterworld on San Francisco Bay with the Pirates and privateers and living in a world of Anarchy where nobody has been elected to to do anything and they're natural god-given talents are their tickets to the gears moving into the machinery of the anchor out and so-called Pirates of San Francisco Bay of which we proudly wear the badge of Sir Francis Drake the privateer who first dropped anchor off of Sausalito and was the first Englishman to establish a fort in Northern California a wall they built it as a concern about being attacked by the local indigenous people of which turned out to be very friendly and accepting of Drake and we're actually sad to see him go and it was a big celebration which calculates to be on June 26th of which ironically is my birthday when the Miwok people had a goodbye celebration after he graciously was accepted and knew the whole world was going to change now for it was like a flying saucer landing on Earth with white Europeans and blue eyes and blonde hair and red hair and tall and the white skin and they thought this was their ancestors returning from their dead so to speak and Drake make caution for his men not to molest any of the women and there was a love affair between one of his crew and one of the first American women and that's another tantalizing story and in the meanwhile what made it so that I've been forced to live going into my 40th year on a cold damp boat or ship on San Francisco Bay after an unexpected and unwanted divorce and separation from my home the nicest house on the block with redwoods and garden two stories with a two-room guest house and even a birdhouse in the garden which double as a sweet little cabin and all is well and hunky dory until one morning I was served with a restraining order and divorce suit too leave my home and family on three children and 72 hours and here I landed in El Paso on a dark and dreary night so to speak and met a missionary that had gone through a similar fate and even worse for his wife had left him on the mission field and took his three children from a Latin speaking country and left him on the field and they were both educated people the wife worked for the state department if I recall and after leaving him became an alcoholic and all alone in this world without his two or three children if I recall and he tried to come for me and came into my Nomad trailer and got on his knees and prayed that God would give him a trailer like this before he was homeless and living in the rescue mission shelter and before I left I gave him the Nomad trailer and my car for I was out of gas for after I was served with divorce papers and forced to leave on Thanksgiving Eve from Marin County California and drove into the night with a friend who still had partiable bullet in his head from an incident with alcoholic man who thought he was trying to make time with his granddaughter and and the missionary that our little fledgerling church was the first to support was miraculously there in El Paso also at the same time and him and his wife came to them I Nomad trailer park in the parking lot near downtown El Paso when things were peaceful there in 1984 and you could walk across the border at night and the missionary took me across to Mexico and to the Border which was a walking distance and there was a Mexican man there very husky with a chain around his neck and kind of a guardian at night of the Border and no one else and the missionary took me to have dinner you know Mexican restaurant in Juarez which is the border of El Paso and had a great meal for almost no money and since I picked up smoking again after the divorce cigarettes were really cheap and I remember Sundays in the park in El Paso for a couple and white gowns preached and it was a whole nother world and to be continued if you like what I'm writing this rough draft then send a donation if you can through PayPal peteromanowsky@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment