Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Thirty Years on a Hook on San Francisco chapter thirteen arriving back in Sausalito

Once back in sausalito the trials begin for instance I traded a switchblade knife I bought in Israel and flew it back to the states on me without hassle in my backpack which I bought in Jerusalem, for an old used outboard motor and two cop cars stopped me walking down  the street and looked for serial numbers thinking that it might be hot, never seeing me on the streets before and this was just the beginning of my  experiencing in poverty and the cops in Sausalito were out of control at the time, rumors of beatings and harassments and such. But my experiences with the cops were just beginning for I was used to be living in the nicest house on the block in San Anselmo and not used to be walking around, without a car. and remember someone saying to me fuck you asshole and I wasn't accustomed to being addressed that way and the culture shock was just beginning. There was no digny dock to tie up near where my boat was anchored,, so I had to land on the rocky beach at Dunphy Park and drag my skiff over sharp rocks at low tide and slowly tearing of the bottom for again there was no place to tie up except Galee Harbor pier, but they charged fifty dollars a month and I was broke and jobless and my reputation as a minister was shot even though it was a no fault divorce and our joint income was the highest that year in sixteen years and never been accused of harming my children or my wife and the police have never had to come to our home for any domestic disturbances and in general, I was a destroyed ma , living by the tips of my fingernails and there were none of my old friends to help me or could even find me and I had no phone, no cell phones in those days and in utter and total statements I was like  ship on the sea with broken mast and rudder. I remember a former on and off heroin user I met on the water  and homeless walking down the street with his arm in a sling saying some guy best him up for his money and the police, doing nothing. He took me under his wing or sorts to help me survive and bought me food and cigarettes for I begin to start smoking again and a long period after my divorce and I felt so grateful that someone mas out the to help me for he had social security or welfare and at least had some source of income and I took him in and let him sleep on my boat occasionally but eventually he began barking like a seal one night and mimicking the seals that my boat was anchored next to the docks where they hauled out and had to ask him to leave, because I could sleep, between the barking seals and him. But we stayed friends, when I first begin to let him stat on the boat he was going through withdrawal on heroin and asked me if he could die from withdrawal and Ki told him that I didn't think so. Meanwhile I was walking back and forth on the waterfront looking for anything that I could salvage or eat out of dumpsters and J remember the obviously mentally disturbed on and off drug user and mostly on including Marijuanna of which I was delivered from in October in 1968 and virtually never touched it but once or twice and had no desire to use it again and needing all my wits to climb, out of this proverbial  bottomless pit that I was thrown thrown into and then I remembered how Satan walked back and forth throughout the earth and came to God's throne in the Book of Job after walking back and forth and how God told him something like have you noticed Job the most righteous person on earth and Satan said or implied that Job loved him because God put a hedge of protection and property around him and but if He took it away, that he would curse God to face and God said go and take all his prosperity family and health from him to the point of death and even then, he would not curse God even though even his own wife said or implied Job to curse God and die, or kill yourself by implication. So I took heart and encouraged myself to walk back and forth on the waterfront collecting and recycling out of dumpsters saying in my heart that if Satan could approach Gods throne by walking back and forth, then I would do it also....to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment