Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Thirty Years on the Hook on San Francisco Bay chapter Nine cross the border from Tijuana to San Diego

When our bus rolled into Tijuana from Ciadade Juarez we looked ragged and had no passports and I just had a driver's license and my partner didn't even have that and could pass for Mexica  and the border guard taunted us and scrutinized us and especially my friend with the bullet fragment I his head and a sulking man of few words and the US border guard let us Into San Diego and I looked like I just came out of a Humphry Bogard movie ruffled hat and all before Indiana Jones and coats and all and we made through the poverty and madness of a border town like Tijuana of which memories elude me knowing how decrepit, things were there, dirty, dusty, congested zeemily it was and I remember on a previous time there and open manhole cover with a pool of water over it that anyone could have stepped I and I went to the gas station next to it and got a  plywood  board to cover it. I remembered that last time is there I asked someone where I could buy some Marijuanna and the guy said that it was really hot to deal in Marijuana, well all was well, that I didn't take it and in fact I ended up not using it for some thirty six years all toll. I just thought it might help at the time, with my depression that I was going through at the time, plus I remember my neighbor in San Anselmo who taught the ar class at college of Marin sharing with me that while in Mexico somone offered him a joint the he declined a d when asked what he did for a living that he said that he was a cop and so we crossed the border and came to San Diego and sat on a bench homeless, all night after calling my mother in Soledad Canyon, north of Los Angeles asking fo bu money to get to my parents forty acres on the river that separated thier place from Sambala with Tibi Hedron and her husband had a wildlife refuge with two elephants and over a hundred lions and exotic cats and all and even cross breed some of them...to be continued 

No comments:

Post a Comment